Sunday, August 31, 2014

August 31

How did it get to be ...

Never mind, I know how it got to be August 31st. The same way it does every year. Days go by, becoming weeks, becoming months. However, the older I get, the faster they seem to go by.

A lot of things haven't happened as I'd hoped. Which should prove to me that actions will get me farther and are very necessary in the grand scheme of things.

I haven't been doing the walking. No excuse except a general lethargy and inertia.

I haven't been writing many new words. I did complete Camp NaNoWriMo in July. My goal was to revise my shape-shifter romance novel. I did add scenes from the male POV, discovering in the process that I need to rewrite it again. That's the current project.

One of the things I did do was get a colour forecast reading from Bernard. I do find certain colours can help change my mood - both for the better and worse. Out of that reading, I am making weekly altars for the colours of the rainbow. What I've found interesting so far is that I have a lot of choices for some colours & not so many for others.

Week 1 - Red


Also in week 1, I went outside my comfort zone a little. I don't know that I've ever done red nail polish.




Week 2 - Orange






(Any guesses as to what's in the jar?)

One of the plans for August was to sort through the boxes piled in my apartment. I got through 1 completely and part of another. I could blame the weather or the lack of working space but it's really me. I know that. The next few months are busy with appointments, concerts, hockey games and travel. I still need to make sure I'm also dealing with the boxes and piles and classes.

Think I need a good system - organizational and reward-based - to get me through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment