Sunday, April 29, 2012

Beltane

Beltane - the time between Spring and Summer. A time of sexuality, fertility, new growth. A time when the veil between the worlds thins. A time of the goddess and the green man, fae and flowers.

The week was a bit crazy so my altar remained empty until today. As I walked around my apartment looking for items for the altar, I wondered if I had anything to represent the fae. Gargoyles and other winged things were easy to spot and then I passed the bookshelf where I keep my keys. I stopped and turned back to what, or rather who, holds them . It's funny how you get so used to something that you don't really see it.

(A sculptor friend made him and then gifted him to me as a birthday present a few years ago.) His leaf bowl holds love crystals and symbols of food offerings. (I somehow don't think the fae would be impressed with an offering of soy milk rather than cream - even if it is organic. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment