Thursday, June 28, 2012

Nerves and other thoughts

I picked up the keys for the new apartment today. It's definitely going to be a new experience - a smaller place with more people around me. (I've never lived in a high-rise.) There may be a few things that aren't quite as nice as where I currently live but overall it's maintained much, much better. (One of the items in my welcome folder was a work order form for anything I find that requires fixing.)

I'm suddenly nervous about it. There have been moments of that in the last month but it's really hitting now that I have the keys. Did I jump at this place because I was tired of looking & wanted out of where I am? Will I regret the decision? Maybe yes to both but ...

I need to do this. A fresh start in a new place. (Hopefully) less baggage - physical and mental. A chance to break old habits. Set new ones. Learn to be creative again. Find the pieces of my soul that I've been losing touch with.

I think a corner of my bedroom will be set-up for meditation and an altar. The bookcases should fit in the dining area attached to the tiny kitchen. I'm going to have to lose some furniture though.

But before anything else, I need to find something for dinner. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment