Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The State of Me

I try to be a positive person. Not a "Polly-Anna" but trying to find at least a little good in every situation. Right now, I'm having a hard time finding the good in one particular part of my life.

Office politics are never easy. Add to them: a heavy workload, a new manager and a new location. (New manager doesn't seem much different than the last two - not great from my point of view - and the new location is not friendly for those of us who do not drive. My morning trip is 20 minutes longer & it's taking more than an hour to get home every night. Sometimes 1.5 hours. This morning's heavy rain gave me an indication of the possible ice issues that will come in winter. I'm trying hard not think about how bad it could be.)

I spent a year being in a (undiagnosed) depression. I'm feeling some of the warning signs again.

Why am I putting this in *this* blog?

Seeking my place isn't just about the spiritual side. For me, it's also about seeking my 'right' work, work that will sustain me emotionally as well as financially. Work that makes me feel good and accomplished. Work that doesn't nibble at my spirit until I feel worn out and about to unravel.

Placing myself in the world where I can help in a creative, fulfilling way. I hope I can find the energy to make that change.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a Pollyanna. :D I would see that longer drive as a chance to really get into some of my audio books. Hugs! Here's to finding your niche.

    ReplyDelete