Sunday, April 20, 2014

Did I mention April was going to be crazy?

I've been updating the writing blog almost daily but, obviously, this one has suffered.

Camp NaNoWriMo is going well. My revision goal was 30,000 words. (The official equation is 1 hour of revising = 1,000 words.) Yesterday, I finished my first pass through the book. Twenty-nine hours down, one to go. My alpha reader has the manuscript now. Once she's finished, I'll have work to do and that final hour to meet my goal will pass quickly and extend into many more.

Work has been a mix of stress and oddly quiet times. This week will be one of the busy, probably stressful ones. We shall see.

Taxes still need to be completed as well. That has to happen this week.

Boxes. Ah boxes. They still sit behind me, mocking. With my focus on the writing, it's been easy to let the boxes just sit. This is my next goal - figure out why I'm having such trouble with them. Every place I've ever lived, there have been boxes. So I'm trying to break a lifetime of habit, of keeping things 'just in case', of using things until there's nothing left of them. The part of me that is changing is fighting the part that is comfortable and used to the mess and the piles. This feels like the biggest challenge of my self-care year. Negative self-talk and stagnant energy and the struggle for motivation.

I think I need to go back to my mantra when I was still taking part in a well-known weight loss program (which is another issue I'm dealing with) - One day, one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment