Sunday, June 22, 2014

Blows out the dust

Hello again.

May. What can I say about May? Well, I celebrated my birthday early in the month. A large, significant number that I wanted to celebrate. Brunch with friends prior to the actual day. Dinner with a friend the day of. Then almost two weeks visiting friends in the Southwestern US. If I'm totally honest, I'm still celebrating.

I see this as an important part of my year of self-care. There have been many birthdays when very few people remembered. (And FB reminders don't count.) I want to celebrate me, in all my moments.

My second day back in the office, my work team moved buildings and I returned to working in the office full-time. No more days from home. No more 20 minute cab rides. No more rolling out of bed 30 minutes before signing in. No more working in yoga pants. Okay, there are some downsides to it but I love that I can have the office for work & home for the rest of my life.

So, what's new?

I'm still planning to take part in the Terry Fox 10km in September. (If you'd like to sponsor me: My fundraising page

In preparation for that, I'm starting my walking program again. 90-Day Fitness Walking Program
Today was day 1. I did my walk and I did it wearing capri-length leggings. This is an achievement in self-confidence for me.

I've been thinking about possibilities for my own business and am planning to pick a friend's brain for some tips. Not sure if anything will pan out but it's a start.

I think that's it for now. I will try to post more often - even if it's just for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment