Saturday, February 14, 2015

Things learned - Yoga edition

It's been a long time since I've done more than a few minutes of yoga stretching and movement at a time. As part of my self-care weekend, I decided to rectify that. Below are the things I learned.
  • There is more of me than there was the last time I practiced yoga *
  • The seat of my dining room chair is a little too high to use as a prop
  • When laying on the floor, the computer screen is a black square (Need to try a different position for it next time)
  • It felt good to stretch - even if I couldn't find my strap until 'after' I was done. Didn't let it stop me though.
  • The best thing? After a week of sideways sitting at work - I'm training and to see my co-worker's monitor, I ended up in an odd position - the 30 minute video I chose to do helped release my lower back muscles and hips.
* One of the reasons I joined Curvy Monthly (affiliate link) is that I'm not comfortable in a regular yoga class. There are poses I find difficult without props or variations and, depending on the size of the class and the teacher, I can feel like I'm failing, wasting time and totally self-conscious. So I'm beginning my practice again at home, with a teacher who understands the challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment