I used to be very active during winter. The last few years have seen more ice and harshly freezing temperatures than anything else. And it is taking a toll on me.
February's extreme cold mixed with occasional freezing rain kept me indoors, wanting to hibernate and seeking comfort food. There isn't room in my place for exercise equipment (and going to a gym is far outside my comfort zone). I knew, after staying away from the scale for a month, it was going to hurt climbing on again.
I was right. I knew I'd gained but not as much as I have. When I emailed a friend about it, she commented on my 'disappointment'. That is part of it. I'm disappointed in myself and my choices that have brought me here again. I can blame the weather but ultimately, it's me.
So where do I go from here? Once the ice is gone from the sidewalks, I will be walking again. Until then, I need to find movement I can do in my small space, movement that I will continue to do. (I'm open to suggestions.) I'm finding myself going back to things that used to work. (Which would be why I just ordered a DVD copy of an old VHS work-out tape I had.) I'm also going back to tracking what I eat. No calorie counting. No points. Just writing it down, weighing in once a week and analyzing the results.
Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment