Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sunday on vacation thoughts

Usually by this time of the evening, I'm starting to get stressed about the coming work week. They've been more than a little crazy lately (and all signs point to more overtime when a very large client hits the floor in the near future). This week is a little different. I'm on vacation from the day job.

You might think that would mean less stress. It probably would if I hadn't publicly made the decision to use this time to sort through the boxes that are piled up behind where I sit. These are the dreaded boxes from my move 3 years ago. The ones labelled 'Filing & Misc'. Boxes from near the end of the packing process. Boxes that make me tired, stressed and overwhelmed just thinking about them.

I've poked through some of them to find things I've needed and then closed the lids again, always promising myself I'd go through them 'soon'. Promising myself that when they are finally dealt with, I can look at purchasing a sofa and maybe some new bookcases. (Two of my existing bookcases are my kitchen pantry.)

And, no. I'm not willing to just pitch them without looking through them. Misc. includes pictures and small items that could tucked into corners.

I've taken the before pictures of, not just the boxes, but the area around my desk. I'm a piler, a visual learner and I can't think of a time when I didn't use any & every flat surface available.

So my challenges this week are two-fold: open and sort the boxes and begin breaking a lifetime of habit.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment