Saturday, May 28, 2016

Weather

If the weather the last few days is an indicator of what summer will be like, I'm going to need these links sooner than later.

I don't have a/c in my apartment. Usually I can get through with just a floor fan running a few nights during the summer. The issue this week has been that the hot & humid air mass is stagnant. There haven't even been any storms to break the humidity. (I just checked the chart for the past 24 hours. We didn't have a humidex reading overnight but the slight wind was from the east or south. That doesn't help those of us with north facing windows.)

The last few nights I've slept with a wet facecloth on my neck. Surprisingly, this works to let me sleep despite the 78-80F temp in the bedroom. At some point, I will have to break down and run the fan. Especially if there is no relief soon.

Links:

http://www.wikihow.com/Cool-Yourself-Without-Air-Conditioning

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-keep-cool-without-an-air-conditioner-171724

2 comments:

  1. Try one of those spray bottles. Have sheet over you, spray sheet lightly with water, fan blows air through sheet and turns you into a "coolgardie cooler"! Works a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll have to try that when we get another hit of heat.

      Delete