Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Weekend Retreat

On my vision board/list for this year are retreats. I'd hoped to go on at least one but budgetary constraints mean I need to be creative.

I've booked three four-day weekends (one each in May, June & July) to have retreats at home. This weekend will be the first - focused on writing blog posts for my new site (POV Revolution) as well as some recharging of my batteries.

This morning, as I was getting ready for work, I found myself muttering about how if I don't get more cooking done in advance, if I don't get more cleaning done, if I don't relax a bit before Friday, then it will be a failure.

I had to stop myself. Where was this coming from? This is for me. I'm not charging people to come. I'm not teaching anyone or leading a class. The only way it can be a failure is if I don't get any blog posts written. But I still have this niggling feeling that if it isn't 'perfect' ...

So, as of Friday evening, I will be off-line (except for my daily Duolingo lessons & tracking on Habitica) until Monday evening.

First on the agenda for Friday night - popcorn, a drink & a movie. On theme (sort of) would be Muriel's Wedding or maybe Under the Tuscan Sun. Or it might be an Iron Man kind of night.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment