Saturday, August 17, 2013

Experiments in the kitchen

While at my local tea shop, I picked up skullcap to see if it will help lower my stress level. Even if it just relaxes me a bit, that would help. There have been some recent health issues that appear to be related to a long-term buildup of stress. (My body needs to yell loudly sometimes for me to hear it.)

My kitchen counter has two bottles filled with messy concoctions. One - a Summer Elixir (idea and recipe from Nessa and Dana at Your Sacred Self). The other - Fire Cider. I'm hoping both will help me get through the winter months with less illness.


I love cooking and creating in the kitchen but this is really the first time I'm making things with intention. In a month or so, both will be strained and bottled. We'll see how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment