Friday, August 9, 2013

Green Harvest - Connecting to earth

Once, I had a large backyard where I could play in the dirt and grow things. Most of those things were flowers (tea roses, lily of the valley, lilacs, day lilies). I would have done more but I shared the space with my family and they wanted grass for the most part.

It's been many years since I had that space. Last year, I moved to an apartment with a north-facing balcony. Being uncertain what would grow (and being it was late in the season), I didn't plant anything. This year I have herbs (thyme, sage, chives, basil), some flowers and a green tomato plant. (Green as opposed to red.)

I didn't know if the tomato would produce anything except leaves. Until last weekend, I had a few flowers but nothing else. As I was contemplating how long to leave it on the balcony, I discovered something. Well, two somethings. Two teeny somethings.

I've decided to take and post pictures each week to chart their progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment