Thursday, August 29, 2013

Predict Your Future by Creating It reading

I did this reading a couple of months ago. I'm feeling the need to have it somewhere I can find it and remind myself.

My go-to Tarot deck is The Gaian Tarot. I'll often just pick a card for a quick "What does the Universe need me to know" question. Tonight, I decided to delve a little deeper. Used Beth Owl's Daughter's "Predict Your Future by Creating It" spread. If anyone has any insights, I'd love to hear them.

First, I chose 2 cards from the majors (while they are face-up) to represent where I am and where I'd like to be. Then chose 4 cards to lay between them.

1) Where I am: Bindweed (Devil) - I'm feeling stuck. Stuck in the position of liking what I do for the day job but disliking (bordering on hating) the politics and actions of my employer. Stuck in old habits and old ways of doing things.

2) What challenges me: Explorer of Water (Knight of Cups) - This shows a man surfing, accompanied by a dolphin. What challenges me? Balance. My focus has been on work. The heavy workload. The tension between the members of my team. The on-going downsizing. By the time I get home at night, my brain just wants to sit in front of the computer and surf the web all night. I'm also emotionally exhausted.

3) What action can I take to meet the challenge: Child of Fire (Page of Wands) - The child is fascinated by a campfire, reaching out toward the flames. It's time to start something new. To get fired up despite the possibility of getting burned. (Of course, one of the challenges of that is figuring out what that new thing is.)

4) The next step: Four of Water (Four of Cups) - A women is gazing into the waters of Chalice Well. I need to replenish my emotional reserves. Until that happens, it will be difficult to find the energy to move forward.

5) How does Mystery help me: The Canoe (The Chariot) - The man is focused on his goal. He knows where he is going and how to get there. I need focus on where I want to be. On what I want to be doing.

6) Outcome/Where I want to be: The Star (The Sun) - This woman is exuberantly happy. Her arms are spread wide and she's basking in the sun's warmth. I want to be free. Happy. Free to be happy perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment