With the freezing temperatures, I was very glad I could work from home part of the week. It was a nice surprise on Monday to see I only had 32 emails to deal with and no crises had arisen since I signed out on December 24th. I also booked my birthday as a Personal Day, so that is something to look forward to.
There were moments this week were I had to stop and just breathe and ground myself. But I also had the chance to take part in three on-line classes and watch a concert (streaming, not in person but maybe some day she'll play close enough for me to get there).
Today, a friend rescued me from icy sidewalk syndrome and we went grocery shopping. Many good food items were purchased. There may have been a few chocolate things as well. Maybe. All in all though, I have a lot of good things to hopefully keep me away from junk food this week.
Tomorrow's self-care goals include baking, cooking and trying to stay away from the internet. That will be a big challenge. Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment