Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Shifting Focus

Today is the first day of the Year of Self-care and with it comes a shift in the focus of this blog. Originally, I started Seeking My Place in conjunction with on-line classes I was taking. (If you look at earlier posts, you'll see that.) Now, I want to use this place to record my progress.

I see self-care as having many components:
- obvious health things like nutrition and exercise
- things that straddle lines like yoga and meditation
- my living environment
- my confidence levels
- my body image
- my creativity such as writing & knitting
- things that aren't easily labelled but tie into everything

I'm still working on my goals for the year but I have some things already in mind. On the writing front, I want to write at least 500 words a day - most days*. (Updates on that will be posted at Marking My Place.) I have had an aversion to photos of myself for a long time. So, I'm planning to post pictures of bits of me or other self-care activities most days*.

Here I am at day 1.















* I say 'most days' because I don't want to set myself up for failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment