Monday, August 3, 2015

August 3

I haven't been in the best head space lately. I know it but I'm having a hard time breaking out of it.


Part of it is the current situation at the day job adding to long term stress. I liken it to my internal spring being compressed and compressed to the point where the give is gone. If I don't find a way to make a controlled release, it will snap and so will I.

The last two times I remember feeling like this, it took 1) a job change and then 2) working from home a few days of the week because they had moved our office to a difficult to get to location. (When a building is 10 km from home and it takes 3 buses + a 10 minute walk (1 hour in total) to get to work and 1.5 hours to get home, it's a bit ridiculous.) Now, I'm not in that building anymore and working from home wouldn't really help. So, I need to find what will.

I don't believe these will make an immediate difference but, here are my goals for the week.
  • buy breakfast a maximum of once
  • buy lunch a maximum of once
  • go back to drinking tea at work
  • move at least 2 days in the next 4 (either walking (more than I usually do), yoga or a workout DVD)
  • restring the E string on my ukelele (and if that doesn't work, take it to the music store)
  • catch up on 2 courses I'm behind on
  • write - blog posts, fiction, anything

Wish me luck. Any suggestions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment