Things have been stressful at work. The two of us who have been taking the brunt of the load the last couple of weeks were chatting today. We both booked two weeks off in September - the same two weeks which will make it interesting for our co-workers.
As we were talking yesterday, I said that two weeks wasn't quite enough. You're still stressed out in the first week & just as you're relaxing, it's time to gear up for going back. So I'm taking a lot of my overtime hours as days off and adding an extra week to my break.
I'm hoping three weeks will be enough to make a dent in my stress, let me cement some daily practices (meditation, dishes, movement, being creative), make progress on my piles & boxes. Talk with friends. Integrate more self-care into my activities.
I don't think I've ever had three weeks off at one go. (Well, not that didn't involve job hunting and that doesn't count.) Wish me luck and I may come looking for people to keep me honest.
No comments:
Post a Comment