Well, not quite.
I went from 9:30 last night to around 5:45 tonight without checking email or the internet. Not too bad for a first attempt to go internet-less.
Slept in, then took myself out for breakfast. I made pickled jalapenos and jalapeno-infused honey this morning and ratatouille for dinner (with enough for the freezer).
Watched 3 episodes of season 2 Castle while I sorted some piles and finished reading Seanan McGuire's newest Toby book. Some reading happened on the balcony before the stinging insects drove me back inside. That and the smell of rotting fish. There's a spot along the St. Clair River that always had that smell. There - it was rotting fish. Here - I don't know what it was.
I'll try for an internet-less day again, likely next week. The number of emails I received while I was off-line today tells me I need to look at the mailing lists I'm on. It's hard enough to keep up when I'm actively dealing with it.
An internet-less day is always a challenge to me. I did a practice of 10 days without internet in 2013. It was hard at first, but after day 4 everything got easy.
ReplyDeleteYou inspired me to take myself out for breakfast. :) I'll find time to do it next week.
Huge hug!
Bá