Vacation began when I finally got out of the office around 3:40 p.m. (Considering I'd been there since 6:35 a.m., it was later than I'd hoped but earlier than I feared.)
I picked up my order from Bailey's, learning at the same time that the lovely green caps on eggplants contain spikes (ouch!), took a cab home with my heavy bags and have been restlessly contemplating the upcoming 3 weeks.
I have a feeling I'm going to be searching for the middle line between structure (and actually getting things done) and relaxing (sleep, meditation, reading, naps, zoning out in front of the computer). I took some 'before' pictures around the apartment tonight, including some of myself. I need there to be a tangible difference when I go back to the office.
While chatting with a co-worker today, I realized that getting my meditation practice back in place has become a priority and a necessity. We are going into another period of change and each period seems to set off fear, apprehension and this time, I'm afraid, a possible self-fulfilling prophesy about the team's future. If the prophesy becomes reality, I want to be able to face it calmly and without 'getting my back up'.
I think I'll start vacation with another episode of Person of Interest. I'm almost caught up on last season. Two more episodes to go and I'll be ready for season 5. Tomorrow, I'll create the lists and cook some of the things I picked up on the way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment