Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Partway through week 3

I'm trying very hard not to think about going back to work. However, I did a major grocery run today that included a second insulated lunch bag. If I want to take breakfast, lunch and snacks, I need more space to pack them. My goal is still to get up early enough to have breakfast before I leave for the office but I'm so used to not eating right away that I don't know if it will work.

As I mentioned in the last post, I'm wanting to cook again. Today I:
  • restocked baking supplies
  • picked up ingredients for some new dishes
  • tried a new muffin recipe
  • made stock from the rotisserie chicken I picked up yesterday
  • hard-boiled eggs
I may not have gotten through boxes but I've been working on the area around my desk. I seem to require a certain amount of pile-age to feel comfortable but it was getting out of hand. And I want, need to be creating. (Speaking of creating, I'm planning to tackle NaNoWriMo again this November. If you'd like to support a wonderful group who bring writing to schools and are generally cool, my fundraising page is here. I haven't backed myself as I usually would when I fundraise because I am a monthly donor with them.)

Tomorrow, I'm planning to return library books and stop at my favourite cafe for tea and scribbles. Then I'll be back home for more cooking (soup!) and more pile clearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment