My second week of vacation is basically over. (Never sure how to count weekends.) Another busy week where I accomplished a few apartment things.
Monday, I saw Melissa Etheridge in concert. It's been 2 years since she last toured here. This time, there was no opening act, no backing band. Just her. There were moments I teared up. Not for the particular song or the music but I realized it had been far too long since I enjoyed music as music. Mostly at work I wear headphones & play my iPod just to try and focus, to cut down on the distractions of an open-concept office.
When I left the theatre, I wanted to dance down the street. But being late in the evening, not the best lit streets and being on my own, I thought walking with purpose was a better option. The next day I found myself cooking (which I haven't been), singing along to the iPod and wondering when I stopped doing it.
I visited with a good friend and her five month old daughter on Thursday. I've missed talking with her, especially how she can get right to the heart of the matter. Also how she can make me actually say what the heart of the matter is.
Last night, another friend and I attended the season opening game of our OHL team. (Loss in overtime and we aren't going to discuss the penalty situation. Oy.) I suddenly have a social life. Even if I'm doing some of it alone, I'm still doing things.
I already know some of the changes that await me when I return to work in a week. I'm not a fan of change - never really have been. I know change is necessary for stagnation to be kept at bay. It's the number of changes that we've faced in a short amount of time that makes it difficult.
Beyond digging into more of the piles around the apartment and trying some new, hopefully work-friendly recipes, my week will be focused on my meditation practice and ways to set boundaries so I don't give so much of my energy to fighting something I have no control or influence over.
Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment